Some users are reporting problems with their iPhone or iPad after updating to iOS version 10.
- iTunes not recognising the device or saying its in recovery mode
- Apple logo stuck on the screen with no progress bar
- Connect to iTunes comes up and does not go away
To fix, you need to connect the device to your computer, but first make sure it has the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect the device, and then open iTunes
- Press and hold both the sleep/wake and home buttons
- Keep holding for at least 10 seconds
- Do not release when you see the Apple logo, wait for a recovery screen
- Select update, not restore
Apple have released a fix, so the new version of iOS that comes down will fix the problem.
If pain persists, call me.